Software Engineering Intern
Mercury Mission Systems International (MMSI) is developing and manufacturing computer systems for avionic applications. Our safety certifiable ROCK computer product line is designed for airborne (e.g. pilot assistance/autonomy, flight management and control, on-board video distribution etc.) and ground applications (e.g. satellite navigation system ground stations etc.). We are developing a next generation aviation safety certifiable Ethernet subsystem for these applications, called ACE V, which provides functionalities implemented in FPGA such as:
• an aviation certifiable subset of the IP network stack (UDP/IP/MAC layer),
• time synchronization with other ACE V nodes,
• packet-forwarding capabilities etc.
As part of the ACE V R&D team, you will be in charge of validation software for ACE V, using the socket framework provided by the Linux kernel. After an immersion in the functionalities of both ACE V hardware/firmware and the socket framework, your mission will consist in:
• describing briefly how the ACE V hardware features will be integrated in the socket layer,
• defining the specific API to handle the features not covered by the socket API (static configuration, time synchronization and packet-forwarding capability),
• developing a Linux driver for the ACE V FPGA,
• writing and executing test software to validate the ACE V features,
• supporting the FPGA team in understanding and debugging failing tests.
• Good programming skills in C
• Knowledge of the Linux kernel and TCP/IP networking protocols is an advantage
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with colleagues and at all organization levels
• Good analytical ability
• Fluent in French, good level of English
- On-going engineering degree in Computer Science or a related subject
WE ARE OFFERING
- Projects with high level of complexity
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- LinkedIn Learning
- Inclusive culture
- Swibeco benefits platform
- WorkTango rewards platform
- Free coffee/tea at work
WHY TO JOIN MERCURY
Mercury Systems (USA) is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
Mercury Mission Systems International SA (MMSI) based in Geneva is part of Mercury Systems (USA) is specialized in the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex high-performance safety and mission critical avionics and defense computers.
At Mercury, our people are at the very heart of our Purpose, “Innovation That Matters. By and For People Who Matter.” We are innovators and committed to create an inclusive culture. We are industry leaders developing cutting-edge technology that makes a difference and creates a lasting impact. We are talented people who help and care for one another every day. We know that when the stakes are the highest, nothing can be compromised. If you are driven to make a difference, join a company that is already making one.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
LOCATION AND DETAILS
• Location: Geneva, Switzerland
• Occupancy and duration: 100% for 6 months
• Beginning of the activity: ASAP
We offer you the opportunity to join a highly qualified and motivated team and the possibility to work in an international environment and a global architecture.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, thank you in advance for your understanding.
Innovation That Matters