Market & Credit Risk Unit - Associate
Symbiotics Group is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services.
Symbiotics Investments focuses on loan origination and bond issuance. It currently employs 100 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in London, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Singapore, Cape Town, New Delhi and Yerevan. Our affiliates in London and Amsterdam are both regulated entities, with investment firm licenses for the United Kingdom and the European Union, respectively.
Since 2005, Symbiotics Investments has originated investments of more than USD 7.5 billion for 500 companies in 93 countries. We are a fast-growing company, offering a dynamic work environment in the expanding impact investment space – and our people are our biggest competitive advantage.
We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals, all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Associate to assist the Market and Credit Risk (MCR) unit in the tasks linked to the overall risk assessment and risk monitoring of institutions and countries where we invest in.
The position is based in our Head Office in Geneva, with a reporting line to the Head of MCR.
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment in a growing industry, and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
About the Job
The main responsibilities and tasks of the Associate are to:
- Assist the MCR team in tasks related to credit and ESG risk assessment and monitoring.
- Organize and facilitate Credit Committees, with the MCR team and other units.
- Supervise the post-Credit Committee process, including the review of questions from Credit Committee members, and preparation of minutes.
- Provide support to the MCR team in the Watch List process – used to detect early-warning signs from our investees – including updates of our internal risk monitoring tool.
- Under the supervision of the Head of MCR, prepare KPIs reporting and internal communication.
- Provide support to the MCR team in the Stress Test process – used to analyze potentially vulnerable institutions – in coordination with the MCR team and other units.
- Assist the Head of MCR in developing and maintaining credit and ESG risk assessment methodologies, monitoring and reporting tools.
We are looking for a person who is organized, pro-active and able to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment, as well as having entrepreneurial drive, attention to detail and pride in the quality of one's work.
More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- High interest for impact finance, sustainable development or financial inclusion.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in finance or economics related fields.
- Comfortable with processing financial data (from balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.) and carrying out basic financial and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of financial institutions, fintechs, clean energy or impact investing is a plus.
- Previous exposure to emerging or frontier markets is also a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and business intelligence tools is a strong plus.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills and good team player.
- Comfortable to work in an international and multi-cultural workplace.
- Fluency in English is a strict requirement for this position. Other languages such as French or Spanish are a plus.
- Swiss/EU National or valid Swiss Work Permit is required.
What makes us different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 41 countries
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes you to excel every day while having a positive impact on others
Symbiotics Investment SA